The MMD package is a suite of programs for the computation of the harmonic components
of the scalar potential distribution in magnetic multipoles made of saddle and
toroidal coils and for the computation of the electron optical properties of a
magnetic lens with deflectors.
Tapered saddle deflector that can be
computed with MMD.
Toroidal deflector that
can be computed with MMD.
- Multipole of the 1st order is the dipole - the basic component of
the deflection field.
- Multipole component up to m=8 can be computed.
- Saddle coils do not have to be of the simplest geometry with
straight wires parallel to the z-axis, but they can be at an arbitrary
angle to the z-axis (tapered coils) including the coil wires at 90
degrees (radial coils).
- Deflection coils can be close to rotationally symmetric magnetic
materials, toroidal coil windings can be made on magnetic formers.
- Very high accuracy of the multipole axial field is obtained even in
quite a small computation mesh.
- Input data for a magnetic lens from MLD package can be imported into
MMD to calculate the field of a magnetic lens with deflectors.
- The electron optical properties are computed for magnetic lens with
combined magnetic and electrostatic deflection system in a program
COMBI, a part of MMD package.
- Computed results can be used in TRC/TRASYS program to calculate
accurate ray paths of particles with arbitrary energy and initial